1050 East South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Approximately 20-40 percent of Americans suffer from Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). GERD is a common digestive disorder that can progress in severity over time. The three most common symptoms are heartburn, chest pain and regurgitation.
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center now offers much needed relief for GERD sufferers:
- Advanced Diagnostics
- Individualized Treatment
- Many of our patients discontinue all prescription and over the counter medications.
- Individual results will vary, and depends on your diagnosis.
When to See a Doctor
- Difficulty swallowing or pain when swallowing
- Severe hoarseness or wheezing
- Discomfort interfering with daily activities
Causes of Heartburn
- Trigger foods such as alcoholic or carbonated beverages, caffeine, onions, garlic, tomatoes or tomato-based foods, as well as foods that are spicy or high in fat. Other trigger foods include peppermint, chocolate and citrus fruits.
- Eating large meals or late-night eating